Friday, February 17, 2012

It is my birthday.

Each year of college I've written a little post on my birthday. I suppose it's a good time for reflection and what not.

My day has been unremarkable though. I woke up and opened the presents my parents sent me. I got a new calendar, candy from a little candy shoppe in my hometown, an Angry Birds finger puppet and window markers. I went to campus and worked on an essay while watching Parks and Rec, 30 Rock and The Office. I had one class. I stopped by the newsroom to do some work and I got cookies as well as a bunch of Blow Pops! I did one interview today. It was with my awesome history professor about how he started a March Madness bracket tournament in his classes every winter semester. I think it's going to be a really neat story. I walked home; rather, I tried to walk home. A few of my friends are going to a cabin this weekend up in Idaho but I'm not going because I had already invited over a bunch of people for my birthday and I couldn't exactly ditch them. I ended up just hanging out w/ those friends before they left. I came home and started watching YouTube.

That is literally my entire day. All I didn't mention is what I ate.

It's funny that the one day I should feel really contemplative is today, my birthday, and I don't think I have much to say. I know I should be thinking about this last year and everything that has changed and happened but I'm feeling so chill right now. I'm so relaxed and just want to watch some of The Office or Arrested Development. It's super quiet in the apartment right now and even I don't have any music playing, which is a rare occurrence. I'm just enjoying the tapping of keys from my keyboard. It's nice. I haven't been this relaxed in a long time.

As for tonight, friends are coming over and we're making pizza. Tomorrow I'm going on a run and then later in the day playing tennis with Hank. It's supposed to be 45 F tomorrow so that should be great for some time outside.

Sorry this is so lame. I'm pretty sure last year's birthday post was way better.

Last YouTube video I watched: Working Out Kills

No comments: