Wednesday, November 28, 2012

100 Push Ups

On Monday I decided that was a thing I wanted to do. So about 9.5 weeks from now, I'll be able to do 100 push ups. How cool is that?

I've made goals in the past related to exercise, working out and improving my physical self. Some have stuck. Some have not. I've got a really good feeling about this one, though. I think it has something to do with my deep-seated desire to have nice looking arms/biceps. I'm sure it's not surprising that ShayCarl had a hand in this idea as well. (My exercise goals always seem to come back to him.) It also probably has to do with the fact that I can't do a full pull up. I figure I should be able to do at least one pull up in case I ever fall off a cliff and have to pull myself back up onto firm ground.

College has been a great time overall for improving myself as a person. A lot of it has happened, I believe, somewhat unintentionally and unnoticeably. That's just what happens when you have awesome roommates and a wonderful group of friends. Some things I've consciously worked on, but I think my favorite improvements have been the ones that really have come progressively over time.

So here's to 100 push ups and all the other lifestyle changes that undoubtedly will come with every new semester.

Speaking of new semesters, winter semester, in some ways, is just around the corner. There are only seven full days of classes left and after that only a few days of exams. I'm stoked to head home to Wisconsin in just two weeks from Saturday. And then I get THREE FULL WEEKS in the lovely Midwest. I almost took an early mini vacation to Iowa this weekend, though. BYU is playing Iowa State in basketball, and my best friend Kate happens to go to school there. I may or may not have checked for flights from Utah to Iowa . . . Had I found something for $250 or under, it's safe to say I very likely would have gone. But alas, the airline ticket gods were not so kind.

What I'm most excited for before heading back home is my apartment's Feliz Navidad Cheertastic Christmas Fiesta. It's going to be half salsa party, half Christmas cookie extravaganza. I think we're even going to make people take awkward family photos in front of our Christmas tree. Basically, it's going to be fantastic.

Have a great end of the semester, my friends.

Last YouTube video I watched: Disney Princess Leia

No comments: