Saturday, November 2, 2013

Anna Does Sorted: Mac and cheese

Author's note: This post is from about two weeks ago. I got caught up in life.

Another impromptu dish based on things I had in my cupboards!

After work on Saturday evening I knew I wanted something especially tasty and filling. I knew Sorted had a mac and cheese balls recipe but alas I had no bread crumbs, and I was too hungry to take the time to call someone to take me to the store to get any. So I "settled" for the mac and cheese recipe from the video with DeStorm. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.



It was so creamy and cheesy and yummy! You have to take a little extra time to add the milk and keep it smooth but once you add the cheese to that sauce it's well worth it. Literally nothing about this recipe was tricky, though. It really is that simple.

The only thing I would personally recommend is using a sharp cheese. When it comes down to it, you can use any flavor you want, but I'm quite partial to extra sharp cheddar. I didn't have that so instead I used the Mexican blend cheese we had from Costco. The flavor wasn't quite what I wanted it to be. Oh, but the one thing I did improv in this recipe was the topping. I never have bread long enough to where it goes stale but I still wanted a little bit of a crunch from something like breadcrumbs. So I broke up some pretzels and put those on top before putting the dish in the oven. It worked surprisingly well.

No comments: