Thursday, February 17, 2011

veinte

I'm twenty years old today. What an epic day it was, too.

I woke up at 5:50 to go to the temple w/ Bex and her roommate. It's become a great Thursday tradition to hit up the Provo Temple every morning. I would venture to say it's probably the best decision I've made this year. By the time we got back it was about 8:30, giving me just enough time to shower, watch some Rhett and Link, eat Cheerios and leave for my 10 o'clock class.

After class I met up with my freshman roommate, Sara, for lunch. We ate a lot of graham crackers.

I still had an hour until my next class so I hit up the library, sat in a comfy chair, listened to my iPod and read my Andre Agassi autobiography. It was a blissful hour of reading.

The best part of the day came when my Spanish class that usually runs from 1:00-2:20 got out FORTY MINUTES EARLY.

I came home and checked the mail, giving me a lovely little birthday package from home. My dad and mom are the best. I got some epic snacks, the greatest one being a caramel apple covered in cashews and dark chocolate. SO GOOD. With my roommate Hailey I got Taco Bell for lunch; while eating I caught myself up on Community and 30 Rock. I then spent hours and hours catching up on YouTube. I miss so many videos during the week! School is so crazy these days that I'm lucky to even look at the homepage.

Around 4 or 5 I decided it was time to film a video. A year ago I made a video about all the things I'd done in my 18th year of life. Since I have my fancy Flip cam, I made one for my 19th year of life as well. I think it turned out pretty well and I'm really happy with the music I used for the soundtrack. It's publishing to YouTube as I write this; there are 29 minutes left.

Once I filmed and edited, which took me quite a while, I finally decided it was time to eat some dinner. This was at almost 7 o'clock. My roommates and I got out the Oreo and mint ice cream cake and a few people came over from next door to eat it with us. It was awesome. Then I made real dinner: mostaccioli and roasted garlic tomato sauce.

And now I'm writing this blog while watching the Shaytards and waiting for 9 o'clock, at which time my friends will start coming over and we will be partying it up, doing things like THROWING A CAKE ON THE GROUND. Yeah, we are seriously doing that, a la Saturday Night Live and Andy Samberg.

What an epic birthday, probably one of the best in a while. I miss Matthew a lot, though that's nothing new. Last year he really made my birthday special. I'm sure it will be plenty special this year, just in a different way.

No comments: