Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The cool and the rain

So as I sit on my freshly made bed, the window to my right is pretty much completely open. A gentle wind blows the smell of rain into my room. And that's the way I like it. I like things cool, I like things upon which it has rained.

I'm known to complain quite often about how I want some gosh dang snow. Where is all the snow in Utah? Clearly not where I am living. And that's made for a pretty lame winter. (I haven't gone sledding once!) And now it's mid-March when things are allowed to warm up a bit but there hasn't been anything from which it could warm. There were days in January and February where it hit almost 50. That's no winter.

That's probably why I like the rain so much. It cools things down which is exactly what I like. Don't get me wrong, summer is great. But that's the thing: it had better be somewhere between late May and August. Seasons exist for a reason and what's the point of having lots of different kinds of weather if all that's going to happen is a pell-mell assault of sun and heat and rain and whatever else? There needs to be seasons.

For now I will enjoy my cool night and the sound of the rain and feel of the breeze through my window. And in my room I will stay lest my roommates incessantly proclaim how it's cold outside and how the living room should be that warm. I shouldn't be practically sweating whilst wearing a t-shirt and canvas shorts!

No comments: