Friday, March 25, 2011

One of those shows

I feel like everyone has one: a show that's over that somehow you can't really get out of your head. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to ever be on television but you have this connection with it for whatever reason. It makes you laugh, smile, get confused, and sometimes might even get you a little bit angry. But that's why you love it.

It might be weird to hear but my show is Gilmore Girls. Let's just let that sink in for a moment.

There isn't any one thing about it that I love. The dialogue is witty. The characters are deep, intriguing. The plot never seemed to get old. And it wouldn't be a great show if there weren't some attractive men, am I right?

It's one of those weird things. Some nights I just can't help but want to watch episode after episode but since it's not on Netflix and I don't really have the motivation to search for it on various pirating websites, I find myself watching clips on YouTube. Seriously. It's like I'm a teenage girl watching Jonas Brothers videos or something.

People are pretty surprised when I tell them how much I love Gilmore Girls. I can't say I blame them. I'm a soccer playing, longboarding, sports addict who loves indie folk music. I wear sneakers 6.5 days a week if I can manage it. T-shirts are the epitome of my wardrobe and I wouldn't be the same if I didn't have my soccer jerseys and basketball shorts. I'll take tons of pasta with delicious sauce and plenty of romano cheese over a light salad any day. My best friends are usually guys and the last things we end up talking about are chick flicks.

And so there you have it: at times I cave from my normal, every day schedule and get sucked into the world of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. It's one of those things, one of those shows.

No comments: