Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ballin'

Like it's going to be news to any of you that I really like basketball but in case you were not aware: I really like basketball. Watching it, that is. (I can't play basketball to save my life.)

March Madness is practically over. The first of two Final Four match-ups occurred this afternoon with Butler taking down VCU. Soon enough Kentucky and Connecticut will do battle. At this point I have little to no preference as to who wins. If Butler won that'd be downright awesome since they're from the Horizon League, the major underdog.

Basketball has always been a part of my life, at least collegiate basketball. I remember watching games with my dad all the time when I was young. For my 16th birthday my parents even surprised me with tickets to a Marquette game. After that we always got ticket packages and went to a bunch of games every season. Now that I'm at college I really miss spending that time with my dad; I still get to watch really great games, though. (JIMMER JIMMER CHICKEN DINNER!)

This year for March Madness I was a little put off since I had no idea where I would watch any of the games besides on my computer. And how lame would that have been? Answer: REALLY LAME. Last year I had guys all around me who were watching basketball and discussing brackets and poking fun at each other's teams. This year I wasn't too optimistic since I really don't have close guy friends. Luckily, there is one really great guy in my building who decided it'd be all right if I came over to watch w/ him and his roommates. (Don't worry, he's not a stranger. We were friends before basketball times.) And so I've been going over to his apartment a lot lately. During the first few rounds of basketball I would lounge/lay on one of the couches in his living room for literally hours at a time. Like, five hours or more. It's a beautiful friendship.

So much friendship can come out of watching basketball. To me it's kind of the ultimate bonding experience. (Not going to lie: my dream date is having floor seats to a really good college basketball and getting pizza afterwards.)

In other news, how are you guys doing lately? If you're doing BEDA, how are you feeling about it so far? Good times indeed.

No comments: