Friday, April 1, 2011

BEDA 1: It's the 1st of April

Okay, so for those of you who are unfamiliar with BEDA, it stands for Blog Every Day in April. Maureen Johnson started it. And it is exactly what it sounds like. Basically, I write something every day. And you (supposedly) read something I write every day. Make sense?

It's currently 64 degrees F. What a beautiful day. What is it about all these great spring days that they REALLY start when exams are close to beginning? My last day of classes is the 13th of April. Exams start the 16th and go through the 21st. THEN I GO HOME. Crazy.

I spent much of my afternoon thus far outside. I had lunch w/ my old roommate who I am completely in love with and we had the greatest time catching up as we always do; we sat on a bench on campus just talking. When I got back to my apartment I got my history books and a blanket and laid outside in the grassy courtyard reading. And now I await the time at which my friends and I will go play frisbee at the park. It's going to be marvelous.

There really is nothing better than a beautiful day when school has been quite the drag. Everyone seems burned out and professors are piling on those final papers and projects before the actual final exams roll around. (What's their deal?)

Before the days get snowy once again, which is very possible in both Utah and Wisconsin, I'll do as much longboarding and soccer/frisbee playing as I can. Spring is such a weird time, weather-wise and because of other things. School is ending and I can barely wait to get home yet I always wish to stay a little longer with my college family. Baseball seems to begin earlier every year and March Madness lasts even longer. Last year I was finishing up freshman life and now I'm preparing to become a true upperclassman. Last year I was also figuring my way through one pretty weird relationship as school winded down and at this time I rely solely on letters from him for communication.

Spring brought all of these interesting events. Always a lot of see you laters and definitely some good to see you agains. That's cool, though. Spring is pretty great. Though let's not even get started on next spring, for that will be a time of utmost happiness and wonder. I cannot wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know what is happening next spring that is going to bring you "utmost happiness and wonder"! :D

anna said...

I'm sure there will be at least one post about it this April, so you'll just have to stay tuned!