Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The last 100 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I cried through all of them. That’s The Prince’s Tale through Nineteen Years Later. I listened to End Of An Era ten times and It’s Real For Us twice.

I am an absolute wreck. I have not cried like this in years. Nothing will ever be the same.

I have read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the last time before the end. And though it will never truly end, this is an end of sorts. I will never read this book, or any of them for that matter, and feel the same way.

Thank you, JK Rowling, for giving me a wonderful life.

Think what you will about me but Harry Potter really has been my life ever since I finished the Diagon Alley chapter of book one. I doubt I have spent more time doing anything else than Harry Potter related things. The release of Part II of Deathly Hallows is going to be excruciating. I know there will be tears. Many of them. And that scares me. I always have some pent up emotion but the fact that this is an end to Harry Potter combined with the fact that I think far too often about and feel far too much for a few choice men serving their missions . . . Well, it's going to be disastrous. Everything will be falling apart come Friday the 15th of July.

But what's coming will come and we'll face it when it does.

1 comment:

Mckenna said...

Anna I miss you! I'm re-watching the movies and remembering why I fell in love with the books in the first place. My childhood will be officially over on Thursday night :( Oh, and I have a cute Harry Potter-related story about a certain boy when we skype. Remind me to tell you about it.