Sunday, July 24, 2011

Noah And The Whale

This is my latest favorite band. I've known their one song 5 Years Time for a while now but it's only been in the last few months that I've really listened to any of their other music. And it's all thanks to a hardworking missionary boy in Scotland. He still manages to add to my music collection being some 3600 odd miles away. That's talent.

Earlier this summer I even learned 5 Years Time on the ukulele. Though I don't sing along, I kind of speak the words, the song is as great as ever, and only 3 chords! C, F, and G respectively. Before the summer is over I promise a video displaying my skills.

If you're looking for a really chill, kind of indie band, Noah And The Whale is exactly that. They're also pretty upbeat and have great lyrics. The song Give A Little Love is a wonderful example of a) happiness and b) some nice words. I wish music played on the radio was more like NatW (what I will hereafter refer to them as) and less like, you know, Katy Perry. It's not so much the music itself but the message it's sending and the words they're singing. I take big issue with the lyrics of current music but that's a post for another day.

Last YouTube video I watched: 10 Awesome Things (Go watch his videos, he's a cool kid and a new friend)

No comments: