Friday, August 12, 2011

Heading back to Utah

In just about one week I will be making the journey back to Utah for my junior year of college. It's incredible to think I've already done this twice before. I am an upperclassman. I will have more time in college than I have left in college. That's a very strange thought to process. In fact, it does not compute.

As I try to even wrap my head around returning to school, I think back to when I was doing it for the first time. It's gotten to the point where I can't imagine a life without college, most especially without the people I've met while attending. Do you guys go through that? You try to imagine what your life would be like without certain people, without having gone through certain events or trials . . . And you just can't. College is a time in which you meet the people who will be your friends for the rest of your life. It's an even more formative time than high school is. There are some friends from my childhood, from high school, who I will know for the rest of my life but when it comes down to it, the majority of my lifetime friends will have come from university days.

Perhaps my favorite part about preparing for school is getting all of my pictures together. I'm known in my group of friends as the one who has a gigantic photo wall. It's my pride and joy of decoration. I can spend hours putting pictures up, looking through my photo album, deciding the pattern and how things are arranged. I almost spend weeks doing it. I even change out photos during the school year. Tomorrow I'm picking up my prints for my new wall. I always make additions after each school year, inevitably making the wall bigger and bigger. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's my freshman year photo wall. This is nothing compared to what it was sophomore year.


Last YouTube video I watched: Gorilla eats girl

No comments: