Friday, August 17, 2012

A day of fruit and comedy

That is what today is full of: fruit and comedy.

I cut a watermelon for the first time this morning. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I think it probably tasted better because I'm the one who cut it too. Besides watermelon, I've also eaten a nectarine; it wasn't quite ripe yet but still good. My breakfast was even fruit-centered: a smoothie w/ strawberries, mango, orange juice and banana. Oh, and there was a little vanilla Greek yogurt thrown in for good measure, so while it's not fruit it's still delicious.

As far as the comedy is concerned, I'm dedicating today to The Office and, perhaps my new favorite show, Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. Those who know me well or know anyone in my family should already be aware of the fact that Seinfeld is probably my family's favorite show overall. Somewhere in our house you'll find all 9 seasons on DVD, plus a Seinfeld poster that I just realized I forgot to bring with me to school this year. Basically anything Jerry Seinfeld does I love. His new web series is no exception. It is literally what the title says: he picks up a comedian friend in a cool car and they get coffee. I think my favorite part of the show is seeing Jerry crack up at what his friends are saying. He obviously says funny things as well but he definitely sets up his friends for the best jokes/lines. It's like he's trying to showcase their talent, which is great. It works. So far the show's guests include Larry David, Ricky Gervais, Brian Regan, and Alec Baldwin.  (I'm currently in the middle of the Alec Baldwin episode.) They're all between 10 and 13 minutes long, so it's not terribly time consuming but long enough to get you involved. I highly suggest checking it out.

I suppose another thing I should mention about today is the fact that I'm going to finish Sherlock Holmes, as in the book by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It's kind of comedy, I guess. By far my absolute favorite part of reading it is seeing the adaptations made in both the films of Sherlock Holmes and the BBC television show Sherlock. To me, the television show does the better job of staying true to who Sherlock is, but you can be the judge of that yourself. If you do decide to watch the show, be prepared for intense drama and lots of terrible cliffhangers, and by terrible I mean awesome and perfect and the kind you really hate to love.

As far as summer days go, eating fruit, watching comedies and reading are not bad activities. I mean, it's not quite as adventurous as spending the day w/ friends at a rope swing, or as carefree as walking around Ikea, but it's still pretty good.

Last YouTube video I watched: Girl Pockets

No comments: