Saturday, September 18, 2010

Things Left Undone

Yesterday night I was watching the movie "Just Like Heaven" with two of my roommates. I had not yet seen it so I found it very interesting. Now, the man (Mark Ruffalo) and woman (Reese Witherspoon) were not best friends, per se. Well, they were eventually on account of how they fell in love at the end but bear with me through this.

I'm not sure what it was about this movie but it made me think very much about my best friend. Having only known him in person for 5 days means there are a lot of things we never got to do. We never had a movie night. We never played frisbee. We never went on a bike ride. We never got to swing. We never played mini-golf. We never sat down in each other's dorm rooms, talking until the odd hours of the morning.

Those are all things we should have done. Those things and more.

We had a relationship that spans 2 years, hundreds of miles of separation, 4 hours of driving to close that separation, hundreds of hours talking, thousands of text messages sent, and a handful of inside jokes.

Oh what a life.

No comments: