Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Cornhusker State

That's where I am once again. We left this morning at just about 7 am. We got to our hotel in Nebraska at just about 7:30 pm. It was a pretty quality drive. The most ridiculous thing that happened was a kind of freak rainstorm right before we got into Illinois. It was pouring like crazy. Rain was coming down sideways and when you're driving 60+ miles per hour that makes things kind of a problem. Not to mention the incredible wind. We're pretty sure it was hailing for a little while too. We had to pull over to the side of the road it was so bad, and we weren't the only ones.

Other than that, the drive was nice and easy. I took what I call fake naps. I stretched out as best I could, put my headphones in, closed my eyes and just kind of relaxed. I don't ever take naps. It's just not my thing. I fake nap a lot though. It's basically me shutting my brain off to an extent.

I did accomplish something I accomplish on pretty much every road trip and any other kind of trip I take: I read John Green's Paper Towns. It was as fantastic as ever.

Dinner was this delicious wood fire barbecue place, Whiskey Creek. Mmmm, so good. I had a pulled pork sandwich with a delicious rub and traditional sauce. It was quite fantastic.

And now Remember the Titans is playing on TV but it's practically over. Such a great movie too.

By this time tomorrow I'll be in Utah! I can hardly believe it.

Last YouTube video I watched: Modern Nature

No comments: