Thursday, August 4, 2011

Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.

John Wooden said that. He was one of the most successful college basketball coaches of all time. Quite possibly the very best.

I'm going to interpret "winning" in the way that Charlie Sheen does. Basically, if you do something awesome, that's winning.

My very good friend Margaret does not just have talent, she has character. Not only does she win, she does it over and over. She is a woman of many talents. At only 19 years old, she
plays piano like a professional, runs like an Olympian, cooks like an Iron Chef, and sews like a winning contestant on Project Runway. All of those are at least slightly true, I promise. Her winning as of late is all about the sewing.
Here is Margaret and myself. We are totes adorbz. I know.

I bought a dress to wear to a wedding. This dress is adorable. It makes me look very good. I bought said dress this past Saturday. However, it was too short! Whatever was I to do?! The wedding was in one week! I'll tell you what I did: I contacted Margaret. And guess what? She happily obliged and took on the task of adding a few inches to this dress. The dress came into her possession on Tuesday morning. At first we were worried it might not turn out as we wished due to the kind of material we had and what the dress what made of.

Have no fear. Margaret saved the day, as she always does.

I picked up my dress after work tonight and it looks FABULOUS. I can hardly believe this weekend is finally arriving. I'm going to a wedding for one of my best friends. It's crazy to think I even have friends that are old enough to seriously consider marriage.

That being said, I'll be in Tennessee Saturday and Sunday. If I miss posting on Saturday, know that it's because I'm partyin' it up, celebratin' a marriage that will last forever. That's a legitimate excuse in my book. I'll be sure to write something on Saturday and post it upon my return to the interwebz on account of how I won't be bringing my laptop with me.

Now I must go do my laundry and start packing!

Last YouTube video I watched: Parent Fails

2 comments:

Sara Jolley said...

Anna! I want to see said dress. So take some pictures in it. Good. I am glad that is settled. I enjoyed talking to you the other night. Good times.

Tell Brooke I said hi while you are in Tennessee! Oh, and Kelsey too! They are great!

Also, nice blog post.

Becca said...

Yes, I want pictures. In fact I demand them.