Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hellloooo BEDA

It's that time again! Time to blog every day in April. I very much so like this month for this reason.

Well, I'm going to start with a run down of the weekend.

This was General Conference weekend, for more on that you can visit this place or this one. Basically, it was time for some spiritual rejuvenation. I don't really like when people describe it in that way but it's probably easiest to explain it like that. It was quite lovely, though; I mean, it always is. I got to spend a lot of time w/ my friends/neighbors because of it. Since conference goes for two sessions a day on Saturday and Sunday, I was with them for pretty much all of yesterday.

Once the afternoon session was done yesterday, we went to Cafe Rio and got delicious salads and went on over to the park and had a lovely picnic and watched the sun set. Yesterday was in the high 70s so that was fabulous. We also got ice cream once the sun had gone down.
Then all I did that night was a little homework and I watched Doctor Who. I finally finished series 6. I watched all of them right after they came out up until The Girl Who Waited. After that one, I just kind of . . . didn't watch for whatever reason. Mostly I think it was because I a) got busy with school and stuff and b) the "and stuff" included a great friend who gave me lots of other things to do that were at least as fun, if not more so, than watching Doctor Who alone.

Today I watched conference alone, but that was quite lovely. All of my roommates were gone and it was a time for me to just be by myself. That doesn't happen too often at college.

Tonight was amazing though. A bunch of Wisconsin people got together for dinner at the house of a family who used to live there but now moved to Utah. When I say a bunch I mean at least 15 or 20. The family had so much food for all of us. There was: kabobs with chicken, shrimp, peppers, onions and pineapple; apples with caramel cream cheese dip stuff; carrots, salad and cucumbers; fresh guacamole and corn salsa and chips; oranges and strawberries and yogurt dip; two kinds of cheesecake and chocolate brownies. In short, IT WAS ALL DELICIOUS. Being with Wisconsin people was also fantastic. Pretty much everyone there I've known since I was, like, 12 or younger. It's crazy to think that we're all in college now.

And now I'm just back at my apartment watching YouTube videos and doing a bit more homework. Once the homework is done, I'll be devoting my time to watching Sherlock. These are all great life choices, I know.

As far as school is concerned, the semester is totally and completely over on April 19. That's the last day of exams. Classes end on April 11. I thought last semester went fast but this one went ridiculously quick. It's both exciting and kind of sad. It's exciting because so many more of my friends will be coming home from their missions starting in May. It's sad because yet another year of college has gone by. I'll be a senior in no time. The thing that got me through this semester was the thought of my freshman boys coming back, and now that it's really starting to happen is super weird in the best way.

Until tomorrow! And as you know, I'll be blogging every day this month so if you have any suggestions or things you'd like me to talk about, just let me know.

Last YouTube video I watched: Fun Science Randomness

No comments: