Friday, April 6, 2012

Weather

I'm pretty fascinated by the weather at times. Let's look at today for example.

I woke up around 8:45 or 9. Someone had Insagram'd a picture of what it looked like outside their window. Yep, plenty of snow. I checked out my own window just to see the lay of the land and it was pretty white with snow still coming down.

By the time I left for campus around 10:30, snow was already starting to melt and it was probably in the high 30s.

Once I was done with class and had stopped in the newsroom, my walk home just before 2 was quite pleasant. The sun was shining brightly and most of the snow was melted.

I stopped by Jeff's apartment and ended up staying till around 5. At that point it was really sunny and the snow completely gone. There was nothing left. It was pretty warm out too; I imagine somewhere in the low-to-mid 40s.

All in all, an interesting day.

For Brewers' opening day it was apparently 50ish, which is not bad but still a bit chilly for baseball. Except when I really think about it, 50-something at the beginning of April in Wisconsin is pretty warm and I'm sure plenty of people were wearing shorts. Too bad the Brewers got trounced by the Cardinals.

Tonight I have zero plans except to finish watching 30 Rock and maybe make some rice because I'm feeling like something with soy sauce would be really delicious right about now. For a while I was bummed that I've got nothing going on tonight. The more I think about it though the more I realize how lovely it is to just not do anything. Yesterday night was kind of a whirlwind of adventure and I loved it completely and probably wouldn't mind doing it again but I'm also pretty content with what's on my plate.

I think the only thing I would rather be doing is playing racquetball.

Last YouTube video I watched: Greatest Song Ever Written

1 comment:

Becca said...

wish i was there to play raquetball!!