Saturday, May 5, 2012

It feels like college

Last night/in the wee hours of this morning I felt more collegiate than I have in a long time. The last time I felt that young and carefree was probably when Hank and I went to play tennis outside at 11 at night back in October. Last night definitely beat out late night tennis, though.

First there was a wedding reception for a dear friend from freshman year. I got to see a bunch of awesome friends so that was lovely. There was also a Cold Stone ice cream bar dealio. It was delicious, of course. My favorite part, besides seeing my now-married friend, was reuniting with SJ.


After the reception, Lorraine went right to bed since she had to run a half marathon this morning and the bus for the start of the race left at 5:30, so she had to be up around 4:30. I, on the other hand, went over to my friend Trent's house. He'd called earlier that evening and wanted to know if I would care to come roast marshmallows with him and his roommates. 

So I went over there and to my surprise were we not only roasting marshmallows for s'mores, we were legitimately grilling. That day Trent's roommate Chris bought a little Weber grill, and so of course they had to use it that very night. Mind you this was around 10 or 10:30 at night. And we were grilling pork ribs and pork chops and asparagus. It was all wonderful, and we had some rice too for good measure. Later in the night, around 11:30, we did roast marshmallows for s'mores. Trent was lovely enough to give me a Reese's peanut butter cup to use instead of a Hershey bar. (Because he is awesome.)

Eventually Grant found the movie he wanted, the first Sherlock Holmes, and we watched that. I was pretty awake at the beginning of it. Then I kind of started falling asleep. But in the last twenty minutes or so of it, I was quite awake once again. I was not tired. At all. Grant walked Becca and me home and then I ended up staying awake until around 3 or 3:30. Totally irresponsible? Yes. Completely great decision at the same time? Also yes. 

I had an absolutely fantastic time with all of my friends last night, both at the reception and at Grant and Trent's house. The best part of it all? We don't even need alcohol to have that much fun. It was so chill and fun and relaxing and exciting all at the same time. Something was always going on but just being around those people made it feel as if nothing was happening at all. That's always interesting to me, the idea of party schools and drinking alcohol of some sort to have fun. I don't understand that type of party/partying. The possibility of not remembering those incredible nights is so unappealing. The only reason I can't remember certain parties is because all the fun and excitement just runs together into a blur of awesomeness from the various times I'm with my friends.

As for today? I'm just studying for a test and reading books for fun. I might go disc golfing with Hank and some other people but he hasn't gotten back to me yet on a time. And Jeff might come over? Question mark because I don't know what time/if he really will. All in all, I just need a relaxing day to recover from being so college.

Last YouTube video I watched: The Empire - Jason Munday (May the Fourth Be With You)

No comments: