Monday, August 6, 2012

8th meal

My friend Sam and I met at the cream cheese factory. This is the third summer we've been working together. Because we spend at least 8 hours together at least 5 times a week, we've become pretty close. We work from 3 in the afternoon until 11 at night. It's basically 8 hours of standing. There's also plenty of physical labor involved. The consequences of standing all day while lifting boxes of cheese that weigh anywhere from 18 to 40 pounds? We tend to eat a lot.

How much we eat in a day varies, but we most definitely always eat a meal after work. When I say meal I mean it too. Here's an average day of eating for me:

Wake up from somewhere between 8:30-10 and eat a little something.
Have real lunch between 11-1.
Go to work and have first break between 4:30-5:30.
Have second break between 7:30-8:30.
Arrive home from work around 11:20 and eat a whole meal.

So that's 5 technical "meals," but doesn't include other snacks eaten in the morning or after work. You know how Taco Bell's whole thing is "4th meal"? Well, Sam and I coined the term 8th meal to refer to our late night, post-work Taco Bell runs, or to refer to anything else we choose to eat, because let's get real: by 11:30 at night we've eaten at least 4 or 5 meals already. Some days it probably really is 8th meal.

There's something so wonderful about going through the drive-thru at Taco Bell late at night. It's such a college thing to do too; I love doing collegiate things like that. Collegiate irresponsibility is one of the greatest feelings I've experienced in my life. It's only 3 days until I'll be back in my college town as well. This summer sure has gone by fast.

If you're reading this on the day it was actually posted, feel free to shoot me a text or an e-mail to keep me company. I'm currently writing all this from the waiting room of a hospital while my mom has surgery on her fractured right arm/elbow. I'll probably be at the hospital till late in the evening so obviously that means I have lots of time to kill.

Last YouTube video I watched: Home Sweet Home - Ep. 35

No comments: