Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Is August over yet?

I've never felt so "over" blogging every day. I'm not sure what it is about this month but I am feeling very done with it, at least as blogging is concerned. Blogging aside, this month really has felt super long. It seems ages ago that I was going to work for 8 hours a day and staying up to ridiculous o'clock and missing my friends so terribly. Now I see a lot of those friends every day, and it proves to me once again how you can indeed love people as much as, if not more than, you can miss them. It feels incredible to know that is the case too. The ability to love is pretty miraculous.

And somehow Spotify knew exactly what song to play as I wrote that last sentence: "Blue Skies" by Noah and the Whale just came on. It's a wonderful piece of music all about love and our ability to do so again, even after being hurt. It's something we should all embrace, even when life is tough. I'd venture to say I've listened to this song an extraordinary number of times since December 2011. Thanks to last.fm I can actually confirm this number. In the past 6 months I've listened to it at least 19 times and in the last 12 months I've listened to it at least 51 times. I say at least because I know I've listened to various acoustic versions of the song on YouTube, which obviously don't count towards my last.fm count. I also sometimes forget to sync my iPod to last.fm, meaning some song counts aren't being counted at all. So for the past year it's my 5th most popular song.

This second day of school was quite enjoyable. The history class I got into is going to be awesome. One of my friends from a different history class is the TA for it, so going to class will just kind of be an excuse to hang out with him.

Last YouTube video I watched: Come With Us

No comments: