Thursday, October 18, 2012

Three films

My all-time favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off, to which most people say, "Really?" Yes, really. I wish I remembered the first time I ever saw it, but alas. All I  know is that my dad, my brother and I all watched it together. Everyone always quotes "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" but that's not even a quote I use from the movie. I realize every time I watch it how some of my mannerisms and sayings actually came from it as well. The number of times I've said to someone Ferris Bueller you're my hero? Countless. The number of times I've called someone a heartless wench? Too many.


Another movie I'm rather fond of is Toy Story. I remember seeing the 1st two in theatres with my family. And I saw the third one w/ Margaret right after she graduated from high school. When that third one ended, a part of my childhood ended as well, though officially I say my childhood ended when the last Harry Potter movie came out because I don't think anything else affected me more growing up than that boy wizard. I think what I love most about Toy Story is the fact that it's still funny even now that I'm, well, an adult. There are jokes in those movies for adults, which seems to happen with Pixar movies especially. If my love of those films is ever in doubt, I'll just show people how happy I look wearing a Buzz Lightyear hoodie.


So my third film to share is called Hottie Boomba Lottie. The Lava Lounge introduced my roommates and I to this hilarious, awkward romantic comedy. Since the beginning of the school year, I've seen this movie five times. School has only been in session for about eight weeks. And this coming week I'm sure to see it again, I can just tell. My roommates and I quote it every single day and hum/sing/whistle songs from the soundtrack all the time. It's not even an easy movie to explain, mostly because it's not particularly good; it's just incredibly great for quoting. Basically, there's a boy who likes a popular girl and another normal/nice girl who likes him. That makes it sound like a typical romantic comedy but it is anything but. I suggest you all check it out on Netflix Instant Streaming. I can't guarantee you'll find it as funny as we do but hopefully you find something in it to laugh at.


Last YouTube video I watched: Rock, Paper, Scissors . . . Wax

No comments: