Monday, December 24, 2012

2012: The Best Of

My "Best Of" list, while it does include many things that debuted in 2012, is not solely comprised of such things. It's a list of the best things I discovered in 2012. Or just things I came to see/love in a new way throughout the year. Or just things I've always loved.

Films:
Wreck It Ralph
Hottie Boomba Lottie
Captain America
Hunger Games
Thor
The Avengers
The Hobbit
Moneyball
Skyfall


Books:
The Fault In Our Stars
Fahrenheit 451
The Race Beat
Wordplay
My Name is Asher Lev
American Jesus

Twitter pages:
Modern Seinfeld
Threadless
Maureen Johnson
John Green

Musical artists:
Imagine Dragons
A Great Big World
Greg Holden
Walk Off The Earth
Watsky
Opus Orange
Julia Nunes

Personal photos: (This one could go on forever but here's a few that never cease to make me smile)


Television shows:
Community
Parks and Recreation
Sherlock
The Mindy Project
Arrow
Doctor Who

Road trips:
Northern California w/ Trent, Phillip, Grant and Emily (Days 1&234)
Southern California w/ Becca
Mid-week Meridian, Idaho w/ the VPLCT

Other events that changed my life:
  • Seeing Jordan three times in the spring & then talking every single day (in some form) the entire time I was home
  • Lorraine getting her mission call to Paris, France
  • SJ's mission farewell
  • Longboarding down the canyon (finally)
  • Writing for The (Daily) Universe
  • Brooke telling me she was having a baby (It's a girl, by the way)
  • Seeing Imagine Dragons live
  • Spending a great deal of my free time during the second half of the semester with Peter
  • Winning 52 free meals to Chick-Fil-A
  • Tuesday lunches (and sometimes dinners) in spring term with Trent
  • Finally getting a smartphone
It's been one heck of a year. I'm stoked to see how 2013 turns out. Have a great Christmas, my dear friends.

No comments: