Friday, July 19, 2013

Anna Does Sorted: Orange and soy chicken

Another day, another Sorted recipe! Last night I tried a recipe I've literally had on my list for nearly two years. I'm thrilled to say I finally made the orange and soy chicken.

I said it about the other two recipes I've done but "Holy easy recipe, Batman!" It was as tasty and simple as Sorted recipes get. I cannot believe it took me TWO YEARS to make this, especially since I eat oranges all the time.



I don't think I have any little tips for this recipe. It really is that simple, I don't think I can improve a single thing about it. I suppose my only suggestion would be to actually let the chicken marinade in the orange and soy sauce a while. I got home from work around 5:30 and wanted to eat right away but didn't think ahead that morning to do the marinade. Luckily, one of my roommates was using the oven so by default I had to let it sit. Mine probably sat for about an hour in the marinade but longer definitely would've been better, I think. Even an hour still made it delicious! Next time I'm totally going to add some orange zest into the marinade as well.

The one thing I really didn't follow was making bok choi because seriously: who has bok choi just sitting around their kitchen? I sure don't. (Is it just me or does anyone else think of the movie "Secondhand Lions" when they hear the food bok choi?) So I just ate chicken and rice. Though I can see myself in the future putting some vegetables in a pan on the stove and frying them up with a little soy sauce and/or hoisin sauce to add to the rice.

The real brilliance of this recipe is that it only takes the chicken 15 minutes to cook! If you need to whip up a meal fast, this is definitely one I recommend.

Look for another post tomorrow about the pizza swirls! Pizza swirl Friday could totally become a thing.

Last YouTube video I watched: Convos With My 2 Year Old

No comments: