The original plan was to make it to bring to Sunday dinner w/ Badger and others, which we did do. But we also made a big batch for ourselves to eat on Saturday. It's simple and fantastic recipe but it's also the kind of thing you can just make up as you go along if you want more mango or something like that.
- A number of roma tomatoes. (I never remember how many. Maybe 5? 5 sounds like a good number.)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 mango
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 can of black beans
- A chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese (However much cheese you want really)
- Some amount of Italian dressing (You just kind of keep adding it until it tastes right)
- A dash or more of salt, probably more (Once again, it's a keep adding it until it tastes right kind of thing)
- 1 avocado
You guys all know what salsa is, so chop everything up in little cubes, small enough so you could potentially get a little bit of everything on a chip. The trick is to not cut up the avocado until the very end because you'll be mixing it as you go along and if you add it in before the very end it ends up getting all smushed and you no longer have nice pieces of avocado.
So there you have it. Stacy's famous salsa. We eat it on tortilla chips but eating it on a spoon is totally acceptable as well. Or in tortilla of some sort. Seriously. Eat it however you want and it will be delicious.
Last YouTube video I watched: The Sounds of Ahh by Kurt Hugo Schneider