Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I ran 1.8 miles today

And now I'm eating pomegranate greek yogurt. (When you're describing this type of yogurt are you supposed to capitalize it to be Greek? I have no idea.)

Buying Greek yogurt has become a small pleasure of mine. For a 6 oz. container it's around $1.25 but I can no longer help myself. It's terribly delicious, especially the pineapple one. It usually doesn't last more than a day or two in the refrigerator before I insist on eating it, which makes the rest of the week before I go shopping really depressing.

Back to my running now: It felt, well, awesome. I didn't necessarily enjoy it, but I liked it. I think I'm getting to the point of enjoyment. Maybe. I used to always listen to music when I ran; I have a bunch of running/action playlists on my iPod. Lately I've taken to listening to podcasts, specifically WTKGTS. I literally laughed out loud a few times, even though I'd already listened to the particular episode at least twice before. Shay and Colette always make me laugh.

The reasons I went running are as follows:
  1. I needed to. I haven't played racquetball in a week or so now and I haven't done much other legitimate exercise either. Walking all around campus can sometimes be exercise enough. 
  2. I had not gone running in . . . a while. I don't know exactly how long it has been but it's been long enough to justify going again.
  3. The weather was perfect. It's just warm enough out that you feel like you're working out but you don't get overheated or too cold.
  4. I didn't have much else to do. Tomorrow is the last official day of classes and I literally have all night to do everything else I need to do, which is not much. I'm going to start studying for an exam the moment I finish this post.
  5. I needed to in another sense. Go read this post and that'll kind of explain why. Listening to the podcasts allows me to shut my brain off like I do when playing other sports and I needed to replace some of the hurt or emotion or whatever with the pain of running. It worked. (And don't worry, the emotions I talked about then are different from the emotions now. I'm over that whole situation from December.) 
So there you have it. If the weather is nice, go out and enjoy it. If it's not, still get out of your apartment and do something fun, especially before you get bogged down with end the of the semester school work. You won't regret it.

Last YouTube video I watched: Make It Count

No comments: